Every uverse account holders need to use an uverse’s modem. However, you can choose to buy a third-party router for different reasons. The reasons may include having better wireless speed and network security. You also get enhanced coverage with a router. We will focus on the best router for att uverse instead of the best modem for at&t uverse in this article.
With at&t wireless router, you will get better service, faster downloading speed, and good Internet coverage. You will also have more control over your network and a better range.
Knowing the importance of an at&t wireless router is one thing. How to get the best router is another. This and more you will get as you read on.
Best Router for ATT Uverse
1. Netgear Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router (R7000)
Netgear Nighthawk has a wireless speed close to 1900 Mbps. It comes with 2 USB ports and close to 1800 square feet coverage. Close to 30 devices are supported by this router. You can accelerate and enjoy your Wi-Fi with this router.
It has 2 powerful core 1GHz microprocessor. These microprocessors boost their performance and operation. This is one of the reasons why many see it as the best router for at&t Gigapower. It has external antennas, improved range, and high performing amplifiers. This router has over 100% wireless coverage reliability.
The dynamic QoS features prioritize gaming and streaming. This creates a speedy and lag-free Wi-Fi experience. Its design gives scalability, flexibility, high availability, and good performance.
You should ensure your computer network settings are in order. Every connected computer, be it wired or wireless, with the router must use IP addresses of the same network. You can do this easily by configuring both computers to get Internet Protocol address using DHCP automatically.
Features and Details
- Wired Ethernet Ports: You can plug this router in wired devices such as game consoles, computers, and streaming players. Any device that has 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports will work with this router.
- Advanced Technology: It comes with a 1GHz dual-core processor and three amplified antennas. Other advanced technologies of Netgear router are dynamic QoS, Smart Connect and Beam forming, and more.
- Speedy Wi-Fi Performance: You are getting close to 1800 square feet wireless coverage. The wireless speed is up to 1900.
- USB Connections: It supports the sharing of printers and a storage drive with any connected device. You can access the net anywhere as it creates a personal cloud. This is made possible because of the 1 x 3.0 and 1 x 2.0 USB ports.
- Netgear Armor: Your devices that are connected and network are protected Internet threats. You have nothing to worry about as it has good anti-virus and data protection. It does not matter the computer or smartphones connected to it, your device is protected. You equally get a free trial for 30 days.
- Applications: It supports multiple devices like stream videos, smart home devices. You can also play games and surf the Internet with it.
- Safety and Secured: Many wireless security protocols are supported. Some of them are VPN, DoS Firewall, Guest Wi-Fi access, and others.
- Easy Setup and installation
- It has beam forming technology
- Ideal for games and video streaming.
- Many connectivity options.
- Complete security through QoS technology.
- Restricted usage
- The antenna direction is adjusted often
2. Netgear Nighthawk X10 Smart Wi-Fi Router (R9000)
This router has close to 7200 Mbps wireless speed. It has 2500 square feet of coverage and two USB ports.
This smart Wi-Fi router is the fastest router when it comes to media streaming.
It offers VR gaming and 802. 11AC/ad Wi-Fi for ultra-smooth 4K streaming. You are getting instant downloads with this smart Wi-Fi router. Enjoying wireless speeds that are close to 7.2 Gaps is possible. This is as a result of its powerful processor (1. 7GHz Quad-core) and quad stream architecture.
Streams happening at the same time is made possible with the Mu memo. The Wi-Fi speed of mobile devices is enhanced or doubled with 160MHz. The Wi-Fi signals are amplified with the four external active antennas. This maximizes throughput and range. It has six months of unlimited backup. This is used to drive secures data from USB storage connected to the router.
Features and Details
- Wired Ethernet Ports: You can plug this router in wired devices such as game consoles, computers, and streaming players. Any device that port 6 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports will work with this router. It also works with nearby devices with a 1 x 10G SFP+ port.
- Advanced Technology: It comes with a 1.7GHz dual-core processor and four amplified antennas. Other advanced technologies of this router are dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and Beam forming. It also comes with Amazon, Alexa, voice controls, and MU-MIMO.
- Speedy WIFI Performance: You will get close to 2500 square feet of wireless coverage. The wireless speed is AD7200 speed.
- System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, and Microsoft Windows 10. Vista, UNIX, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or Linux are also among. Other system requirements are Google chrome 11.0 browsers, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Safari 1.4, Firefox 2.0 or higher.
- Applications: It supports multiple devices like stream videos, smart home devices. You can also play games and surf the Internet with it. Close to 45 devices are recommended.
- USB Connections: It supports the sharing of printers and a storage drive with any connected device. You can access the net anywhere as it creates a personal cloud. This is made possible because of the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
- Smart Parental Control: You can use this router app to manage and control filter websites and device Internet access.
- Advanced technology
- It has six months unlimited backup
- It has parental control
- High performance
- It gets hot and should be placed away from children.
3. Linksys Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
This is a speedy router with Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO. It is designed as an entertainment Wi-Fi router that you can share with others. You can share it through email or text message. It is very good for the home or office.
The router offers Wi-Fi to different users using different devices simultaneously at the same speed. It is developed with MU-MIMO and beamforming technologies. Using this router on your device treats it as if it has a personally dedicated router.
You will enjoy video conferencing that is lag-free and supports speedy file transfer. With 8 gigabit Ethernet ports, the connectivity of this router is advanced. It also boosts the stability and speedy transfer of files. The speed is faster than that of fast Ethernet. It has two USB connections, one is USB 3.0 port. This port is perfect for connecting shared printer and storage devices. It is considered by some as the best router for att uverse
Features and Details
- Speedy WIFI Performance: You will get close to 3000 square feet of wireless coverage. The tri-band Wi-Fi speed is close to 5.3 Gbps (5 GHz / 1000 Mbps) + (2.4 GHz / 2166 Mbps) + (5 GHz / 2166 Mbps). Your devices will have the fastest Wi-Fi speed with this router.
- Applications: It supports multiple devices like 4k HD stream videos in height quality. You can also play games and surf the Internet with it buffering. Close to 45 devices are recommended.
- Simultaneous Use: You can enjoy Wi-Fi sharing at the same high speed with different devices. This is possible because of the MU MIMO technology. This technology boost home or office productivity as it keeps Wi-Fi Devices online simultaneously.
- Easy Setup: The set up is simple and can be done through the Linksys app. You can use it alongside your existing modem.
- It has MU-MIMO technology
- Excellent extended range
- Easy Setup
- No app functionality
4. Motorola AC2600 4×4 Wi-Fi Smart Gigabit Router
This router offers your Ethernet devices and local Wi-Fi a speedy intelligent link.
The link also comes across any Ethernet modem you decide to use for Internet access. It offers you extended range and high speeds even when you are far from it. The router connects through gigabit Ethernet. It also connects via 6AC2600 dual-band to your devices. The devices include tablets, HDTVs, game stations, smartphones, and others.
It has four adjustable external antennas that give 4X4 Wi-Fi performance at the same time. The router comes with an advanced technology known as beamforming. This technology focuses on the Wi-Fi signal of your device’s Wi-Fi. This gives extended range and speedy Wi-Fi speeds.
The MU-MIMO technology in full Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output speeds up the network. This permits high-speed communication with many Wi-Fi devices. Video streaming services such as YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon can be delivered to different devices simultaneously. This is done via USB 3.0 port, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, and dual-core processor. It can also be delivered to multiple devices through the four gigabit LAN ports. Other media through which it can happen are guest network capability, IPv4 and IPv6 support, and parental controls. This router features two years warranty and friendly professional support. It gives you value, attention to quality, and performance.
Features and details
- You are getting a speedy intelligent router link between your Ethernet devices and Wi-Fi. It delivers extended range and high speeds to you despite being far from it. The speed is not even limited from your neighbor’s Wi-Fi noise. Motorola AC2600 router does not have any built-in cable modem.
- It also connects via the AC2600 dual-band to your devices. The devices include tablets, HDTVs, game stations, smartphones, and others. It has four gigabit LAN port through which gaming connections, YouTube, or Netflix are delivered.
- It has four adjustable external antennas that give 4X4 Wi-Fi performance at the same time. The router comes with an advanced technology known as beamforming. This technology focuses on the Wi-Fi signal of your device’s Wi-Fi. This gives extended range and speedy Wi-Fi speeds. The MU-MIMO technology in full Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output speeds up the network. This permits high-speed communication with many Wi-Fi devices.
- Beamforming technology: This technology gives speedy Wi-Fi speed and extended range to your devices. This happens when it targets the Wi-Fi signal to all your device’s Wi-Fi.
- Beamforming technology
- High performance
- It has MU-MIMO technology
- Customer support
- High cost
5. TP-Link AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router
This router has two Band Gigabit Wireless Internet and can be used in the home. It works with a VPN server, Alexa and Parental Control, and QoS. It is perfect for both gaming and Internet router.
It has a high speed with extended range coverage. ACI750 wireless router is compatible with every 802.11ac device. It is also compatible with devices that are below 802.11ac. The router supports IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.
Its available interface includes 1 10/100/1000Mbps WAN Port, 1 USB 2.0 Ports and 4 x 10/100/1000Mbps LAN Ports. It comes with 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency range. The wireless standards are IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz and 802.11ac/n/a 5GHz. Microsoft Windows 98SE NT 2000 XP Vista, Linux, and Windows 7 are the system requirements. Other system requirements include MAC OS NetWare Unix, window 8, 8.1, and 10.
Features and Details
- It is a router for wireless Internet. The works with the VPN server and Alexa and compatible Wi-Fi 802.11ac devices.
- Extended range: It supports long-range Wi-Fi with 3 external antennas.
- JD Power Award: it won an award in 2017 and 2019. This award is highest in customer satisfaction among wireless routers.
- You can share USB drive files easily. The integrated USB port severs as a media server.
- Technical support: Free 24 hours every day. It is a leading router for 2 years.
- Easy Setting: You can manage your home network remotely as the setting is easy.
- It comes with four Gigabit LAN ports. It can serve perfectly for gaming. Many connected wired devices are speedily accessed with this router.
- The Internet speed of this router upgrades to 1750 Mbps. That is, 1300 Mbps for 5GHz + 450mbps for 2.4GHz.
- It has a reasonable price.
- It is easy to install.
- It has 4 LAN ports.
- Excellent close-range performance.
- The USB is 2.0
- Middling the performance during file transfer and long-range.
- It doesn’t support MU-MIMO.
Learn more: Yamaha HS7 vs HS8
Benefits of using ATT Uverse
- Many speed options: There is no particular speed option. You are free to select any of your choices. The prices differ from the option you select.
- Reliability: It is designed to be very reliable. You will enjoy the performance or service.
- The pricing: When compared with its power and additional features, the price is good. Subscribers won’t spend much to buy it.
- The other options: The ATT uverse is independent. However, it can also be bundled with other options. You are not getting only Internet access, but telephone and television service too. Consumers will save a lot of money when every feature of AT&T U-verse’s is bundled together.
Buying Guide for Att Uverse Router
Before buying a router, you must first identify your particular needs You should look for a router that has advanced features. If you have many devices in your home or office, buy a router that will meet the needs. It should be one with unlimited and uninterrupted data connectivity.
How to set the router?
You need to have your gateway modem with you. This is a must. Follow the steps below in setting up your router.
- From your WAN port, connect a cable (Ethernet) to an available LAN port on the gateway modem.
- Make sure the router is connected to an electricity (power) source.
- Type in your at&t router address on your computer browser like Google Chrome.
- Disable the wireless settings to turn off your router’s gateway.
- Type your router’s IP address to your computer browser.
- Connect the router by selecting the bridge mode to the at&t setup.
- Your router is ready to work. You can contact your customer support team if you have any issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the best router for at&t Gigapower?
Ans: The best router for at&t gigapower depends on different internal and external features. If a router can solve your connection issues without you spending much, it is good.
Q2. Can I use a router for at&t fiber?
Ans: You are getting speed from using ATT Fibe. Hence, need to have a router that can meet such speed. However, there is no need to use it, if the fiber speed works well without using a router.
Q3. Can I use my own at&t compatible router?
Ans: We have a few routers that are compatible with at&t Uverse. You can make of your router with at&t uverse if compatible. However, buy another router that is compatible with at&t uverse if it is not.
The importance of having a router in your home can’t be overemphasized. There are many routers with different features available for sale. Of course, you will love to buy the best router for att uverse. From the article, you have seen routers that are among the best. Depending on your budget and need, you can buy one for your home.